Previous
Next

VISIT > Historic Flower > City Hall

CITY HALL

The “Paços do Concelho” building is the place where the Campo Maior City Hall and several of the municipal services that this municipal body offers are installed. 

 

Its construction was completed during the time when Campo Maior was governed by Estêvão da Gama de Moura e Azevedo (18th century), as evidenced by the date recorded in Pillory (1740) which is in the center of “Praça Nova”, today called Praça da Republica.

 

These “Casas da Câmara” came to replace the old building with the same functions that was located in the called Praça Velha, next to the castle.

Location